Tuesday, August 28, 2012

little things.....

Spend some time at home.... yes I know it's only been about a week... you start to notice things.... little things... like your kids.  Baylee talks a lot.  A LOT.  Girl (my 14 yr old) just got back from camping for the weekend... hasn't stopped talking.  First it was about how big the hill was that she walked up and down.  Then there was the discussion on the difference between a mountain and a hill.  Then... the discussion turned to whether or not a shirt would grow with you.  "let's say you start wearing a shirt every day... 24/7... never take it off... would it fit you a few years later?  Would it grow with you?"  

"Doesn't matter Baylee, it would smell."  

"Well what if I sponge bathed and didn't take the shirt off?  When do you think I would notice that the shirt is too small for me?  It's not like I'd wake up one day and say this is too tight!"

All of this while eating a bowl of goldfish.  Not real goldfish... cheesy goldfish.  There like gold in this house.  Well they are GOLDfish.  Seriously... you could trade those things for cash.  

She's still talking.

Now she's pointing out all the errors on a drawing of Santa Cruz we have hanging on the wall of the dining room... Among the errors... "no one wears those short shorts anymore.... HEY... where are all the fat people!!??"  "Do you think Megan would mind if I borrowed one of her flip-flops? I mean not just one but two... you know a pair?"

TONS of time with my daughters... I'm getting that.  But at the same time, I really want to work... not necessarily go back to radio... but then again that's what I know.  I know I can sit back relax a little, and let things unfold... but I need to stay busy... justify my reason for being.  Contributing to something.... 

All my friends have told me not to worry... that I always seem to land on my feet.  That's nice and all... but what I'm really tired of... is the falling.

Bay and I settle into a movie....  The Karate Kid... the original.

"Who names their kid Ralph?" 

"There is no way you'd let me be friends with an old Asian handyman."  

"How come Mr. Miyagi spent all that time cutting little trees? He should have been cleaning that pool!" 




No comments:

Post a Comment