Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Deleted....

Facebook doesn't make it that easy to delete people... I mean you must really want someone off your FB if you're going to delete.... the process can be arduous... but the day after I left the building I had to start deleting peeps... The promotions guy who I only met twice and posts crazy political rants...GONE!!! the radio guy on the east coast that i don't know.... but we're friends because you know a few of the people i know... GONE!  my boss.... (self explanatory)..... deleted some 80 peeps in one sitting.... cleaning the closet... i don't care for keeping old stuff... the people provide for bad memories... and hanging on to them is like keeping a junk drawer of old batteries... they don't work, they're useless... you'll waste valuable time just trying to find enough positive spark in one of them.... toss them out... you'll feel better... speaking of old stuff.... i got all my stuff from my cubicle today... met the HR person in the parking lot of a grocery store around the corner from the station... it was all like secret and stuff... 4 boxes worth... probably going to throw most of it away....

it's funny.... the second i started "decorating" my cubicle, those thoughts were running through my head.... "you're gonna jinx it... don't decorate... the second you do... you're gonna have to take it all with you on the walk of shame!"  But then there was another voice... "if you don't at least put up a few personal things... then you're almost expecting to get canned."  so i did... Alabama football stuff, an old Pac-Man game, books, pics, etc.... all carefully wrapped and itemized in a few boxes in my garage now.  but the boxes are nice... you can always use a good box.

20 years in radio.... quick synopsis of stations and cities... New Country 105.1 KNCI (Sacramento), KMIX Country 100.9 (Stockton), KATM Kat Country 103 (Modesto), Today's Hot New Country 92.3 KRST (Albuquerque), KOSO B93.1 (Modesto), KDND 107.9 The End (Sacramento), KWOD 106.5 (Sacramento), KKFS 103.9 The Fish (Sacramento), KZZO 100.5 The Zone (Sacramento), Air1 Radio Network (Worldwide).... most of those i left on my own accord... a couple few of them i didn't.   


that's it for now... more on radio in the next couple of days... HEY... bright side... learning new things in my renaissance phase of my life... learned how to properly cut a mango.... check it out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment